One Measure of a Society is
How it Treats its Most Vulnerable Citizens
Improving Access to the Legal System in Whatcom County
Quick Start –
- I want information about creating an account on this site.
- I want to explore Frequently Asked Questions
- I want to explore South Fork Law
- I want to explore Legal Media
- I want to explore the Whatcom County Attorney Directory
- I want to contact a Whatcom County Attorney (Under Construction)
Whatcom Local Law exists to complement the various paths in and through the legal system in Whatcom County in the State of Washington. The goal is to provide a reasonable level of access to the local legal system for Whatcom County citizens. This site provides direction (such as how to find an attorney) and information about the local legal system. This is done in several ways.
- The Whatcom County Attorney Directory is a detailed directory of the attorneys in Whatcom County. You can search it in a variety of ways to locate a local attorney who can assist you with your legal issues.
- Frequently Asked Questions, also known as FAQs, are gathered from a variety of resources. FAQs cover wide areas of the law, from paying a parking ticket to seeking help in domestic abuse situations. They are provided as legal information and not as legal advice. You do not need to create an account to see the FAQs.
- Legal Media provides access to a variety of media sources. Videos, presentations, radio shows, and more will help you better understand how to complete legal documents in a number of different situations. For instance, a video may explain how to prepare for small claims court or how to fill out legal documents in a divorce case. They are provided as legal information and not as legal advice. You do not need to create an account to access the media.
- Contact a Whatcom County Attorney (Under Construction) is a unique effort on the part of Whatcom Local Law to make it easier to speak with a local attorney about your legal issues. If you have an account simply login and follow the menu to Contact a Whatcom County Attorney and then Make a Request. If you haven’t created an account yet then Click here.