If you use this website in an effort to contact a Whatcom County attorney or for any other reason, it means you understand and agree that:
- There is no guarantee your request will be posted or ever seen by an attorney.
- There is no guarantee you will receive a response.
- Any attorney responding to your request may or may not:
- Agree to meet with you.
- Agree to speak with you on the phone.
- Agree to exchange emails with you.
- Agree to any form of communication with you.
- Agree to represent you in any form or fashion.
- Your request may no longer be visible on this site:
- After 30 (thirty) days.
- After an attorney has responded to your request.
- At any time as determined by the people who run this website and for any reason or no reason.
- All financial arrangements made are between you and an attorney. This includes, but is not limited to, the following.
- Pro Bono – Free legal services.
- Low Bono – Reduced rate legal services.
- Any other fee structure.
- This site does not have any financial arrangements with you or the attorneys on its panel.
- This site is operated as a free service to the citizens of Whatcom County.
Legal Advice and Information
- The people who run this website do not provide legal advice.
- The people who run this website are not responsible for the advice or information any attorney gives you through this website or via any other form of communication. This includes, but is not limited to, your initial contact through this site with an attorney and any subsequent contact with an attorney.
- Only licensed qualified attorneys give legal advice.
- No representation is made as to the quality of legal advice or information you might receive from an attorney on this website’s panel.
- To the knowledge of the people who run this website the attorneys found on this website are licensed to practice law in the state of Washington.
- Attorneys can only help one side in a case. For example, an attorney can help either the renter or the landlord. The same attorney can’t help both of them with the same case.
- Any contact between you and an attorney responding to your post is strictly between you and the attorney.
Conflicts of Interest
- When your request is posted to the attorneys on this website they will all be able to see your name, the name of the opposing party, and all of the other information you entered in your request.
- Attorneys on the panel are bound by the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Upon seeing your name and your request, attorneys will not agree to be assigned your request until they have conducted a check for conflicts of interest.
Your information is secret.
- Only the people who run the website, you, and the attorneys on this website can see the information you enter into the website.
- This website keeps your information to help make the website better.
- This website keeps all of the information posted on it for archival purposes.
- Your information is not sold or shared with any third party unless ordered by a court to do so.
- We do not promise no one will break into the website and see your information.
If you use this website you also agree to the next two statements:
- You do not already have an attorney helping you with this issue.
- You will tell the truth about your legal issue.
If you don’t agree to everything on this page then do not use this website.