Anti-Harassment / Protection Order Resources

Legal Advice
The District Court staff is not permitted, by law, to give legal advice. The staff cannot help you complete your paperwork. Please consult with one of the community resources noted below or an attorney for assistance.

Superior Court
If you think that your case should be processed through Superior Court, contact:
Office of Assigned Counsel / Court Services
Whatcom County Courthouse
311 Grand Avenue
3rd Floor
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: 360-676-6803


If your case involves domestic violence or sexual assault, and you are not in, or in need of, shelter, call this agency first:
Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services
1407 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: 360-715-1563 or 877-715-1563 (24-Hour Hotline)
Phone: 360-671-5714 (business Line)

Other Agencies
Other agencies that may be able to assist you:
Whatcom County Law Library
311 Grand Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: 360-676-6556
Library staff can assist in using legal research materials but cannot help with completing paperwork nor provide legal advice. Open part-time; call ahead for current schedule.

Northwest Justice Project
Project Safer
Phone: 888-201-1014 (CLEAR line)
You must call the CLEAR line to be screened for services

Information source: Whatcom County District Court website
Updated: 03-18-2016

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *