Municipal Law

State and local governments have need for many different kinds of legal services. Some of those
services are provided by attorneys who are employed within the government entity, and others
by special outside counsel in private law firms who specialize in the public sector practice.
Those services required include general advice and counseling, drafting agreements and
legislation, advice and assistance in the implementation of governmental programs, and
representation in judicial and administrative proceedings at the federal, state and local levels.
Substantive areas can include public finance, education, securities regulation, hazardous waste
management, housing and urban development, land use control, telecommunications, elections,
and a host of other issues. Clients of these lawyers include states and their agencies, board of
education, counties, cities, villages, townships, state and municipal university and colleges, and
some private sector entities in their relations with public bodies.

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *